Our client is a charitable hospice based in Stratford upon Avon. They require a new Finance Manager to report directly to the Head of Finance.
Summary of Role
Day to day financial administration across the Hospice. This will involve providing support to the Head of Finance and IT, by the completion of various financial tasks including the processing of sales and purchase invoices, payroll, recording of fundraising and retail income, bank account reconciliation, supplier and customer account reconciliations and the processing of petty cash.
Role is for 4 or 5 days per week
- To contribute to the effective running of the Hospice by providing financial and administrative support under the direction and guidance of the Head of Finance.
- To assist in the provision of effective management of the Hospice finances including aspects of budget monitoring, procurement, income receipt, invoicing, payroll and VAT processing.
- To assist in the accurate recording of all financial transactions on a timely basis to ensure complete and up to date financial information can be produced to inform the Board and relevant Committees, Senior Managers and budget holders.
- To provide support and work collaboratively with Fundraising and Retail teams / Senior Management Team.
- To assist in day to day accounting processing of sales and purchase invoices ensuring accurately recorded against budgets and within appropriate authorisation limits.
- To reconcile customer and supplier control accounts including the reconciliation of supplier statements.
- To enter timesheets and other relevant staff information to Sage payroll and carry out checks and balances to ensure payroll accurate and staff payments made in accordance with the payroll timetable.
- To record and reconcile fundraising and retail income including the reconciliation of fundraising and retail control accounts, liaising with fundraising and retail staff to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- To record bank payments and receipts and reconcile bank statements including direct debits, card terminal transactions, online transactions and other relevant items to ensure complete and accurate reconciliation.
- To manage cash receipts and the banking thereof.
- To assist the Head of Finance and IT with the preparation of monthly and year end accounts.
- To assist the Head of Finance with the preparation of audit working papers and other matters relating to the annual accounts and audit and provide adequate statements and explanation as required.
- To account for VAT and submit accurate claims to HMRC to ensure the timely recovery of VAT by The Shakespeare Hospice.
- To account for Fundraising and Retail Gift Aid and submit accurate claims to HMRC to ensure timely recovery of Gift Aid by the Shakespeare Hospice.
- To calculate accruals and prepayments in order that these are accurately recorded to provide timely management information.
- Other assistance to support the Head of Finance and the Finance Team as required.
- To participate in the annual appraisal programme
- To undertake mandatory training
- To adhere to all hospice policies and procedures
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post and as requested by your line manager/senior manager
- Qualified Accountant
- Proven work experience in a similar role
- Experience of SAGE 50
- Experience of Management Accounts Preparation
- Experience of VAT
- Analytical and Numerical skills
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work