We are seeking an experienced Buyer to work for a growing family run business that specialise in packaging, based in Stafford. As a Buyer, you will be responsible for improving the supply chain to achieve better buying prices by souring from manufactures where practical.
Your key responsibilities and daily duties will include...
- Research to establish best suppliers to give a competitive edge
- Visit and audit overseas suppliers, building good B2B relationships
- Negotiate better deals including exclusivity deals where possible
- Source & quote for special order item requests.
- Maintain system to record what quoted for, suppliers details & pictures/samples of products to make further quoting/sourcing faster
- Update systems with changes of pack size, description, real costs etc and communicate changes to relevant departments
- Visit trade shows including occasional overseas trade shows
- Previous experience in a Buying role essential
- Previous experience in medical/ pharmaceutical packaging desirable
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Must have a hard work ethic, positive attitude, excellent rapport skills and an ability to execute on tasks
- Good understanding of overseas purchasing
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships
Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm (Wed 7.15 - 4.30pm)
- Salary circa £30,000
- Free onsite parking
- Free lunch daily
- Private medical care