Standard Service - Technical Specialist (Tools, Connectivity, MDS, IDAM)
Job Title: Standard Service - Technical Specialist
Base Location: Solihull or Hook with UK Travel
Competitive salary plus company car, bonus, private health, life insurance, 25 days plus bank holidays and a 6% matched pension
Identity and Authentication Management (IDAM) IT Specialist provides senior level technical support services to users and organizations for the IDAM Standard Service. This covers ensuring service requests are appropriately executed, the live service environment is operating correctly, the live service is being maintained correctly across the SIAM process model and they support Incidents ((or post Incident reviews) as required by providing insight and practical technical expertise.
They additionally serve as consultants in their specialty areas that concern a variety of functional operations and provides technical assistance, advice and training related to ordering the IDAM Standard Service, complex/expert use of the IDAM Standard Service and if appropriate what variant would be best suited to meet the business need.
Identity and Authentication Management (IDAM) is an enabling ITS service provides authentication services to network and remote users to enable them to securely access Serco systems, platforms and technical resources.
About the role
- Provides technical information and support on the evaluation, installation, acquisition and use of the IDAM Standard Service.
- Works with Problem Management to documents root cause and potential solutions to problems and recommends changes (including fundamental ones) to system configurations to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluates usage patterns and recommends methods for improving the information on the Incident and problem resolution knowledge base.
- Manages, establishes and troubleshoots issues with using the IDAM Standard Service, including detailing issues in service process/procedure and recommending improvements.
- Plans and schedules installation and configuration of the IDAM Standard Service Installation Service Requests, as well as customer self-service methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering and improving the IDAM Standard Service usage.
- Implements new functions and facilitates migration to more modern platforms supporting the IDAM Standard Service, testing and implementing new releases and providing team training on operating the upgraded service.
- Coaches the Customer Services team in the selection and application of appropriate incident/problem solving methods and techniques associated with the specific IDAM Standard Service, providing advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assists the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
- Serves as consultant in specialty areas related to that concern a variety of functional operations associated to the IDAM Standard Service and provides technical assistance, advice and training related to IDAM Standard Services operation to employees and customers.
- Identifies, distributes and actions workload and tasks across operations teams and delivery partners in accordance with established Service Request workflows.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of work accomplishments and administrative information in support of Service Request completions
- Defines and establishes targets and timelines for the completion of workpackage requests, tasks, and activities as the technical support lead, drafting technical and/or administrative documentation as required to support contingency plans, risk assessments for delivery and Service Acceptance (if non-standard).
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of Service requests and workpackage delivery, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
- Coordinates and oversees the development of IDAM Standard Service documentation on deliveries to customers (internal and/or external)
- Supports planning and delivery IDAM Standard Service support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance and/or training, in response to customer requests.
- If requested/required articulates and communicates to delivery partners the assignment, workpackage, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or delivery issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience in Technical Support roles (2nd or 3rd level Technical Support) within an ITIL aligned organisation
- Demonstrable experience of working within the scope of the IDAM Standard Service, able to demonstrate a track record of providing technical support at an experienced level to internal and external teams.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a process and procedure led environment, able to track work activity and report as well as recommend improvements to process or procedures that improve performance, increase satisfaction or reduce costs
- The IDAM Technical Specialist will have good knowledge of supporting Identity and Authentication Management (IDAM) services, including but not limited to: Network Access Management tools, Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP services, Microsoft Identity Manager, 2FA, Global Protect, Verisign VIP, RSA tokens, Oracle Access Manager, Privileged Account Management tools and other tools as deployed in the business to identify users and their access rights. ITS currently uses tools from a broad number of providers and expertise/experience with current and common IDAM tools would be beneficial.
- Analytical ability combined with a comprehensive technical knowledge of the functions, processes, and principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of organisation resources and methods sufficient to plan and execute work activities and schedule tasks to meet agreed target deadlines.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, customer staff, individuals who work for Serco, or partner organisations) to assess provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available IDAM Standard Services (and variants); is committed to providing quality support and high quality IDAM Standard Services.
Additional / special features of the role
- This role will be required as a minimum to obtain and retain BPSS clearance and depending on the IDAM Standard Service may require SC clearance.
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84627550