Executive Head Chef
Job Title: Executive Head Chef
Location: Coventry University - CV1 5RW
Salary: Circa GBP50,000 Plus Company Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: 40 hours per week- Monday to Friday with some flexibility required
Executive Head Chef Job Introduction:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your senior culinary career across a large, multi-outlet catering, retail and hospitality operation for Coventry University (including the London and Scarborough campuses). In this role, you will join the senior management team for this new contract and provide strategic food offer development, daily food production and hospitality services. The opportunity is therefore suited to individuals with similar leadership experience and a background in craft/offer development across a large contract, group or multiple sites.
Executive Head ChefMain Responsibilities:
- Lead the delivery, production and strategy for food/retail/hospitality services for a large contract. This includes 6 kitchens and 20 outlets providing services for up to 40,000 customers on site.
- Lead, develop and engage a brigade of approx.10 Chefs to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop the hospitality offering and the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site.
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Develop long term profitable relationships with our new clients and customers
The IdealExecutive Head Chef:
- Previous experience in a senior Chef or Executive Chef role, ideally within volume catering/retail across a large contract or multiple sites
- Excellent leadership skills and experience of managing multiple kitchens and outlets
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Entrepreneurial approach to owning your business area
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About The Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over GBP1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills to carry out this Executive Head Chef vacancy then apply today