Health & Safety Consultant
Health & Safety Consultant
- Employment: full time
Who Are We?
We are recruiting a Health & Safety Consultant. Do you want to work for a fast growing business that knows how to take care of its employees? Then why not work for a business that specialises in giving advice to companies and organisations about looking after their staff.
We are a growing Health & Safety, HR and Employment Law consultancy firm offering UK-wide support to employers. We provide practical and commercial advice on HR and H&S issues, giving guidance on practice/ procedure for businesses of all types and sizes. We also represent companies in Employment Tribunals. Our client base includes bar and restaurant chains, care homes, professional sports clubs, schools, colleges, and manufacturing.
The Job Role
We're looking for a Health & Safety Consultant based in and around Worcester, working full time from home,
The role of Health & Safety Consultant with us is not a rigid one. The role changes day to day, week to week, depending on a number of factors; industry specific requirements, the needs of the individual client, changing legislation & best practice and new or improved services or systems.
To reflect this, Our H&S Consultants must -
- Possess a can-do, confident and positive attitude.
- Display Integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Be smart and professional looking at all times whilst on duty.
- Be flexible and open to change and improvement.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with autonomy.
Salary between GBP34K and GBP38K dependent upon experience plus a GBP450 per month vehicle allowance. Travel from home with occasional overnight stays.
Health & Safety Consultant Job Description
Managing Health & Safety for a portfolio of clients across industry sectors to achieve Health & Safety compliance.
- Auditing existing H&S documents and systems.
- Drafting reports detailing recommendations and illegalities with a strategy for the Consultant/client to address both areas.
- Drafting and implementation of tailored H&S documents to individual client needs, including H&S Policies, H&S Employee Handbooks and other bespoke forms as required.
- Conduct follow up site visits/audits to ensure clients follow actions and maintain compliance.
- Identifying training requirements and delivery of training to clients both formally and informally on a range of subjects.
- Providing emergency support and accident investigation support to clients at short notice if required.
- Liaison with enforcing authorities to ensure clients deal with any notices.
- Management of own workload to ensure internal KPI's are met and client expectation is managed.
- To update the Database on a daily basis with details of service delivery.
- Utilising all available software and systems as directed.
- To develop, maintain and update the suite of H&S documents available both internally and externally to clients.
- To give advice to clients on the phone and by email as required, including out of hours if required.
- To identify and communicate commercial opportunities to expand the our service and to work with the sales team to market our H&S services to non-clients via sales visits and seminars.
- To write regular articles for Our client newsletter and other publications as needed.
- Any other Health & Safety duties as required.