GBP33,000 - Plus Excellent benefits
A prestigious, family owned organisation based in Shrewsbury is looking to recruit an experienced Buyer to join its well established Purchasing team. Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, this is an exciting role to provide best practice procurement, supply and stock management activities. To purchase goods that meet customer requirements including negotiation with suppliers to source products and prepare and evaluate tenders.
- Minimum 3 years procurement experience in a fast moving industry - ideally FMCG
- Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards this
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and costing breakdown.
- Able to build effective relationships with staff and suppliers
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills with proven ability to negotiate with suppliers
- High Level IT Skills including Word, Excel, Access and Ideally SAP
- Driving License
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements through negotiation and tendering
- Identify opportunities for product rationalisation to improve leverage on fewer products with higher volumes
- Source new and special products
- Communicate all price increases
- Liaise with suppliers and internal staff verbal, written and face to face meetings
- Agree rebate targets and monitor
- Assist with Quality System Reviews to ISO9001 standard