Shooting Stars Nurseries are committed to ensuring that all our staff share our ethos; creating a values based culture where mutual respect, integrity and high quality interactions facilitate communication and understanding. This empowers our children, parents and staff to succeed in a rich, stimulating care and learning environment within the nurture of our passionate, dedicated team.
- To ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Observe, support and extend children's learning through planning appropriately for children using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- Maintain accurate and effective children's records. Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
- Work with the Childcare and Education team to continuously improve quality of childcare and education.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Safeguarding Procedures.
Essential - Minimum Level 3 recognised childcare qualification.
Essential - Experience working in a children's day nursery
Desirable - Knowledge and experience of delivering the EYFS; Experience of Ofsted Inspections; Working with children with Special Educational Needs
Why work for Shooting Stars?
- We support all staff to meet their full potential through training and development opportunities
- We offer an auto-enrolment pension scheme
- We offer a generous staff childcare discount (subject to terms and availability)
- Staff are given paid 'Time-Out' of ratios to facilitate effective planning, assessment and detailed documentation
- All staff have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a confidential support and advice service
- Upon joining us we provide you with a thorough induction program and we pay for your DBS check
- Uniform is supplied
- Our environments are inspiring, and well maintained
- Our well-considered budget for the development of educations supplies enables our teams to feel empowered to develop the curriculum responsively to the children's needs
- We have a dedicated staff break room
- We subsidise social events for our staff to encourage team morale
- Each setting runs a staff recognition scheme to celebrate excellence
- Training and Celebration Events