The Parts Alliance Group, a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket has an exciting career opportunity for a Buyer based at our GSF Birmingham Service Centre.
We are looking for an experienced Buyer with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who will help manage the day to day relationship with suppliers in a positive way whilst working to improve buying prices and terms.
Main duties include
- Maintaining stock from your assigned suppliers
- Ensuring that ordered product is supplied and available for sale within the shortest possible time
- Chasing suppliers for delivery of back ordered items
- Identifying the needs for 1st supplier, card branding and branch Stocking Code
- Identifying the need for stock cleanses and negotiating them with suppliers
- Updating of supplier pricing records
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the automotive aftermarket and within a purchasing department.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrate good I.T literacy skills
- Good understanding of databases (Microsoft Excel/Access)
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday as instructed by the Manager
What We Offer!
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holiday and opportunity to increase annual leave for time served
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Internal Development Programmes
- Career progression
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the skills required for this role and would like to enhance your career in a successful, growing company, click on the apply button now!
Please note, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application; please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.