Full Time – 30 Hours per week
Shrewsbury Sports Village, Shrewsbury, SY1 4RQ
£6.15-£8.21 per hour + Excellent Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a full time receptionist to work 30 hours per week, covering shifts on a rolling rota, you will be required to work earlies, lates, and weekends.
In the role of Receptionist you will be the front line customer service for the public entering Shrewsbury Sports Village. This role will entail providing an excellent customer experience through outstanding communication skills, in person and over the telephone, and dealing with enquiries. Previous experience in a customer facing role in a busy environment is key to the role of Receptionist.
- Greet and book-in customers on a computerised booking system to the Leisure Centre
- Deal with cash transactions
- Ensure relevant information is continuously available to customers
- Deal with first line customer enquires or complaints
- Interact with customers via the customer desk telephone and emails, including taking customer bookings for hotel reservations and class bookings.
- Involvement in membership sales
Key skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable previous experience of dealing face to face with customers in a busy environment
- Maths and English GCSE level C or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Basic cash handling ability
- IT ability, with computerised booking system exposure being advantageous
- The ability to remain mature and calm under pressure
- An organised, team player, with high levels of interpersonal skills
Benefits available to the successful applicant include:
- Free Gym Membership
- Staff Meal Discount
- Discounts for various goods and services
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 (select option 1) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84693935