For over 50 years James Wilkes Limited, have been meeting the construction requirements of clients in the West Midlands. Using the knowledge, expertise and skills of our staff and associates we can offer a quality service to guide clients’ projects from conception and planning through to completion.
JWL offer services to domestic, commercial and local authority clients. Our company is well established and highly regarded with a proven track record for understanding and interpreting clients’ needs and interests. We are currently recruiting for the following role:
To be considered for the role you must have at least 3 years' experience as an Assistant Estimator or Quantity Surveyor with a main contractor.
• The successful candidate will possess good IT skills and be proficient in the use of Excel.
• You should be able to work independently and effectively to adhere to tight deadlines and be flexible in working additional hours when necessary.
• You will possess good knowledge of construction methods and materials and be able to take of quantities from tender documents and drawings.
• You will have good communication and inter-personal skills and be able to liaise confidently with Clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
• You are the kind of person who takes ownership and leadership of commercial tasks. The ideal candidate will have the gravitas to communicate with senior management and clients whilst also being able to advise on individual site based projects.
• To be successful in this role you will need to be a team player and work closely with operational team members. You will have the ability to hold your ground and offer reasoned advice in a fast paced environment.
• The successful candidate will have, or be working towards completing, a relevant degree and will also have gained experience in a similar role within the construction industry.
What the role involves
Responsibilities will vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
• Preparing and analysing tender documents, including bills of quantities from the architectural drawings and negotiating new orders
• Measuring and preparing estimates
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments including processing invoices for payment
• Preparing and agreeing final accounts
• Allocating work to subcontractors including raising orders for materials and sub contractors.
• Analysis of progress and writing detailed monthly reports.
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Liaising with Contractors and Suppliers to ensure the smooth running of projects
• The successful candidate will have, or be working towards completing, a relevant building qualification and will also have gained experience in a similar role within the construction industry.
James Wilkes Ltd values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society. In return you will receive a negotiable salary dependent upon experience, a company pension and paid holiday entitlement.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply today including a copy of your current CV
NO AGENCIES PLEASE