Senior Category Manager - Vitamins, Herbals, Minerals & Supplements
Job Title: Senior Category Manager - Vitamins
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: GBPCompetitive plus Benefits
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Category Manager ( Vitamins) to join our Buying Team at Holland & Barrett International, based in our Store Support Centre in Nuneaton, nr Coventry (CV10 7RH).
As a Senior Category Manager forVitamins, you will report to the Head of Category for VHMS, and will own the product management process of a specialist, market leading retailer - from the drawing board into our customers' hands.
The successful candidate will be highly driven and tenacious with experience in retail buying.
You will be responsible for working with the team to develop the buying strategy for growing product areas, and will ensure product ranges are developed which satisfy our customers' requirements, whilst achieving our company objectives. By confidently using your influencing and negotiating skills, both with our supplier base and internally, you'll work strategically to make sure the team deliver customer-centric ranges and promotions that meet our financial targets.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer and supply base to understand which are the most appropriate levers to use to maximise business performance.
- Ensure that the businesses' relative position is strengthened by delivering the strategic direction and vision for the category.
- Lead the team to undertake on-going assessment of the competitive positioning of the category, understand market developments and customer insight analysis, validate pricing decisions and best present the category experience through all channels.
- Work alongside the key proprietary brands to develop market leading business plans across multiple VHMS categories to drive market share in this highly competitive category.
- Work closely with the supply chain team and the warehouse to ensure all stock is in the right place at the right time taking account of lead times and supplier requirements. Be proactive in dealing with any issues arising including dated stock and poor supplier performance.
- Responsible for a small team including management of performance and development through objective setting and guidance.
- Ensure team sets up, manages and follows all administration systems and procedures to convert consumer demand into sales through product availability and delivery.
- Previous retail category / buying management experience essential.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience in managing multiple direct reports and indirectly influencing supporting functions.
- Proven track record of leadership, working independently and motivational skills.
- Creative thinking and the ability to inspire others to think outside of the box and change approach to get radically different results.
- Highly numerate and analytical with ability to draw meaningful conclusions from multiple data sets.
- Experience in using forecasting tools and techniques and advanced user of all Microsoft Office tools especially Excel.
- Determined, tenacious and resilient.
- Optimistic and open-minded to change.
- Customer focussed.
- Positive, resourceful and energetic team worker.
- Drive to continuously improve self and team performance.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???