Reporting directly to the Managing Director as a Finance Director you will ideally be a fully qualified accountant with a thoroughly detailed understanding of Managing a medium scale finance and payroll team within the healthcare or social housing industry. You will need to make solid analytical decisions and hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading, developing and managing a medium scale finance team
- Oversee, review budgets for each department
- Ensure companies financial practices are in line with regulation and legislation
- Monitor cash flow, accounts and other financial transactions
- Provide key financial insight and support to senior management team
- Prepare and present both regular and ad-hoc Board reports.
- Lead on financial aspects of preparing applications for new sources of funding.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Supervise finance team
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Consult board members about funding options
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified