Senior Consultant - Performance Improvement (PI) Advisory
Location: London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Bristol
EY is a market leader in the provision of consultancy services in healthcare. Our work is complex, challenging, and in demand which means we are able to offer fantastic opportunities for growth and progression. This is an exciting time for the team with a recently refreshed strategy focused on the growth of our core areas, whilst also diversifying into new areas.
We are looking for bright and energetic people to join our growing Health team. The majority of our work is for the National Health Service and the Department of Health but we also have a growing international portfolio. We are seeking exceptional individuals who can support the work we do within the health sector to design sustainable models of care whilst balancing the need for clinical quality, operational improvement and financial sustainability.
We are looking for people with proven experience within healthcare organisations, including general management, programme management, system wide transformation, and finance/analytics. You may have an operational or commissioning/strategy background, or have prior clinical experience with demonstrable management experience.
Your key responsibilities
You will work as part of a team, side by side with our clients, to improve processes, solve complex problems and help deliver a sustainable health system for the future. The work we do focuses on driving improvements in efficiency, productivity and quality so you must be able to assess the current state with view to recommendations for improvement. Our senior consultants undertake complex analysis to identify opportunities and will work with our clients to develop approaches to making improvements in the way services and systems operate. This could be in the form of a performance optimisation programme, supporting development of a system wide change strategy or designing a recovery programme.
The types of projects you may work on range from performance optimisation, primary care transformation through to integration and system wide transformation. We also deliver projects within the commissioning and strategic spaces with a growing presence supporting the development of STPs. Our breadth of work ensures that the role is varied, fast paced and highly rewarding.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving and performance improvement
- Applying insight to complex issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to define business case
- Strong presentational and report writing skills
- A team player
- Flexible approach
- Ability to develop meaningful working relationships with clinicians and senior managers.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results and have high impact
To qualify for the role you must have
- Health care experience of two years minimum (this could be gained in a private provider or third party setting)
- Demonstrable understanding of the National Health Service or equivalent
- Broad understanding of UK Health policy and strategic direction
- Evidence of general management, financial management, commissioning and or clinical expertise
- Evidence of change management, transformation and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrable experience leading projects with proven results
- Ability to understand and interpret data and information, and present outcomes and next steps succinctly and clearly
Ideally, you'll also have
- Sector knowledge across health care and ideally insight to other systems
- Be up to date on current policy and be able to interpret implications for clients
What we look for
Our team is a recognised leader in the market and we are looking for enthusiastic and capable people who are ready for their next challenge. Our work makes a difference, and if you would like to be a part of it, we would like to hear from you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.