SF Group are currently looking for a Electrical Engineer to provide passionate and innovative support to a national manufacturing organisation.
The successful applicant will be a member of a multi-functional Engineering team providing "Hands on" Electrical & Technical support to both Production and other internal functions throughout the Factory, whilst aiming to achieve key targets within their departmental environment, thereby helping to deliver Safety, Quality, Cost and Efficiency benefits to the Factory.
Hours of work will be 07.00 - 19.00 days, on a 6 month contract that could become fully rotational at a later date on a 4 on 4 off basis. Candidates must be willing to work overtime providing adequate holiday cover and working during factory shutdown periods is essential.
After a suitable period of familiarisation, the shift pattern may involve working some night shifts from time to time to cover holiday periods and or absence.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- To carry out essential planned maintenance and complete necessary repairs to keep the factory in good working order.
- Provide electrical maintenance cover through effective and efficient response to plant breakdowns throughout the factory.
- Learning necessary skills to be able to operate all areas of plant to ensure correct operation following maintenance work.
- Taking a Leading role in on-going process improvement through out the factory developing new ideas and better solutions.
- Leading Factory-wide Electrical Regulatory Compliance.
- Promoting Electrical Safety and Safe Working Practices.
- Provide good communication skills to colleagues & production personnel to develop an understanding of the machinery operation so faults can be diagnosed & rectified efficiently.
- Being actively involved in the Continuous Improvement Process.
This is meant as a broad statement of the purpose, scope, duties and responsibilities of the above position. This list is by no means exhaustive and any reasonable duties would be expected to be carried out upon request
- Recognised Electrical Engineering Apprentiship and Qualification.
- Minimum requirements for qualification are to City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering and to the current 18th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Demonstrable Knowledge & Expertise in Fault-finding and Diagnostic Skills on Industrial Plant & Equipment.
- Full understanding of Seimens S5 PLC equipment & ability to read and modify programmes. Capable of interrogating control systems.
- Capable of programming Invertor Motor Controls, and to fault find on hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
Qualified to ONC / HNC or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering industrial control system, 3 phase power circuits.
Welding and Basic Mechanical Fitting Skills are desirable.