Plant Controller/Cost Accountant
The objectives of this role are to lead and manage all financial activities associated with a plant, including the direct management of the plant finance function and the indirect management of all other financial data related to plant activities. The successful candidate will provide strategic and functional guidance to the plant operations team and will lead plant’s planning process including annual budget, quarterly projection, and standard setting. The successful candidate will be responsible for the proper financial accounting, reporting, and analysis in support of Plant and overall business requirements.
- Manage creation of and adherence to the production budget for the Plant.
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting of standard costs, manufacturing variances, inventories and capital spending.
- Responsible for financial reporting and accurate product cost standards for all SKU's.
- Establish, manage, and report on budgeted and actual expenses for respective cost centers and associates.
- Lead the Plant’s Finance function
- General Accounting functions relating to review of monthly financial results, account analysis, and CIP analysis. Responsible for managing balance sheet reserves in order to minimize financial exposure of all business operations
- Manages and reconciles all intercompany payables and receivables
- Provides Monthly and Quarterly Plant Performance presentation to Business Management Team and corporate representatives
- Maintain complete financial control of the Plant by providing management with accurate and timely reports concerning operations
- Directly manage the Plant Finance Functions including cost system maintenance, standard cost development, and cost estimates for new and revised products
- Manage directly and through others, the monthly close for the plant including the calculation and reporting of manufacturing costs and variances and Inventory transactions and balances
- Calculate, analyze, and report any variance standards on a monthly basis
- Perform cost analysis and modeling of opportunistic sales proposals, continuous improvement project opportunities and new product introductions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge & Experience 5 + years of senior finance and accounting management experience including cost accounting in a Manufacturing company
- Demonstrated track record of progressive financial work experience including financial modeling, operating expense control, trend analysis, budgeting, forecasting and strategic financial direction.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Plant Controller or similar role
- Strong Command of Fundamentals of Cost Accounting
- 2+ years of experience as a Plant Controller in a Medical Device/Pharmaceutical company
- Familiarity and experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is a plus
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)