JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: CENTRE MANAGER
JOB TITLE: CENTRE MANAGER
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE (circa £30,000.00p/a subject to experience)
HOURS: PART TIME 37.5 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Established in 1995, our client is a small and friendly establishment that provides both riding and driving facilities solely for disabled people situated in grounds some 6 miles to the north-west of Shrewsbury and enjoys the wonderful peace and tranquillity of the Shropshire countryside.
Assisted by a group of willing volunteers, our client provides tuition, from the very basic to the more advanced, therapeutic riding and physiotherapy, and enjoyable hacks and drives.
THE ROLE: This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly Riding for the Disabled Centre in Shropshire as Centre Manager. Our client is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual with proven administrative skills and an ability to work successfully with volunteers and individuals with special needs.
The Centre Manager will have overall responsibility for running and developing the centre. They will report to the Committee of Trustees via the Chairman who will be their day to day contact. All staff will report to them via a line structure that they will take part in developing.
Are you/Do you have?
- Significant management experience
- Good communication skills
- Experience in a leadership role in a previous employment
- Good interpersonal skills
- A driving licence (to include HGV or prepared to be sponsored in gaining HGV)
- Experience of at least one of the skills shown below
- Finance experience including line responsibility for budgets and operations
- Experience of fund raising
- Marketing experience
- Experience in a Riding for the Disabled Centre or at least some experience of working with horses
- To supervise the running of the centre
- To exercise line responsibility for the Yard Manager, Volunteer/Family Liaison Officer and other staff members.
- To hold regular meetings to ensure open communication channels
- To develop and implement fund raising strategies to maintain the financial stability of the centre including preparing and submitting funding applications
- To prepare a budget for discussion with the Trustees, to administer and oversee financial transactions, both incoming and outgoing and to liaise constantly with the Group Treasurer
- To develop and implement a marketing and PR strategy for the centre and to act as the face and voice of the centre in all dealings with the outside world
- To promote good governance, (including Health and Safety), maintain a database of all service users and Directors
- To develop good relations with all organisations in the area dealing with the physically or intellectually disabled where they might be able to make use of the centre
- To develop collaborative programmes with other practitioners to benefit specific target groups and create a bank of clinical evidence of the value of the programmes
- To oversee the management of the estate including premises, land and equipment and ensure they are well maintained.
- To manage and ensure the wellbeing of all the horses and ponies on the estate
- To recruit and train as many volunteers as required to meet the centre's needs
- To attend regular Board meetings.
- General administration duties
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the "apply now" button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.