Group Sales Executive - Conference & Events
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our award winning EEF Venues team in a pro-active sales capacity, as Group Sales Executive.
Our venues have received multi-million investment in recent years; turnover growth has been 32% in the last 3 years and we’re now looking to expand the sales team to help us take the business to the next level.
As a national/group role you will be looking to secure new conference & event business for our 3 venues, which are in London, Bristol & Leamington Spa.
Your role and responsibilities:
- To proactively drive new conference and event revenue into the 3 venues - travelling to the venues to meet with clients, as required
- To identify and target new corporate clients and associations, to reach and exceed revenue targets.
- To generate new leads and convert them into contracted sales.
- To support the National Sales Manager in ensuring that the sales objectives of the group are achieved and key financial targets are met and exceeded.
- You will attend networking events, host familiarisation trips and organise client entertainment events as required.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Experienced in a Sales or New Business Development role
- Accomplished in generating leads & maintaining a pipeline of prospect business
- Experience of securing new business against set targets
- Previous experience within hospitality/conferences/events would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and with an exceptional telephone manner
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time
- Professionally presented, reflecting the Company’s corporate image at all times
- Driven to achieve sales and financial targets
- Passionate, energetic, confident and possess exceptional people skills
Benefits & additional information:
- Your targets will be aligned to the value of business generated
- Standard hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Competitive salary + bonus and additional recognition of achievement
- Progression and development opportunities
- Private health cover
- Pension with up to 8% matched contribution