We are looking for two experienced HGV Technicians to support my clients who are based in Tipton,ideally looking for someone who has previously worked with Commercial Vehicles previously with in a Main Dealer.
HGV Technician Benefits are:
- Overtime at x 1.5 for hours above basic weekly hours and for Saturday mornings.
- 22 days rising to 25 with service.
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Employee discounts across retailers, cinemas,
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on company cars
- Training towards Master Technician if applicable
- Assistance in gaining a Class 1 & 2 Licence if applicable
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
* Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer's procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
* Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with companies Standard Times using the companies Special Tools where appropriate.
* Assist in the fault diagnosis process.
* Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
* Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
* Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence).
* Assist with roadside breakdowns.
* Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and that job cards are completed accurately
* Ensure that service sheets are completed as per company instructions.
* Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your workshop controller
* Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the companies image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
* Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
* Support the development of any trainees and apprentices.
Key Skills / Competencies:
* Technically competent in the repair and maintenance of HGVs
* To effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally and be an active team member.
* To develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
* To adapt and take on new skills and approaches and participate in training and development activites
If this is you please apply below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84612486