Experienced Web Developer
Location - commutable from Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Whitchurch, Bridgnorth.
Salary - up to £40,000 (DOE)
My client is a successful brand and digital communications agency providing expertise to businesses throughout the UK and now looking for a new Web Developer to expand their team. The successful candidate would be responsible for working on back-end and some front-end programming. Your primary focus will be development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of any associated databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Responsibilities for Web Developer
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers.
- Building of WordPress plugins and theme elements, and integrating with existing plugins.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Basic server maintenance.
Skills and Qualifications for Web Developer
- Proficient knowledge of PHP and WordPress.
- Proficient at maintaining other developers' code.
- Proficient understanding of git version control.
- Proficient with MySQL.
- Knowledge of integrating with REST and SOAP APIs, and general API concepts
- Proficient understanding of web accessibility guidelines.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84608406