ESTIMATORS - MODULAR BUILDING SECTOR
ESTIMATORS - MODULAR BUILDING SECTOR
"Experienced Estimators required with experience of house building and education, health and industrial/commercial space sector"
CGBP45-70,000 (Dependent upon Experience) + Excellent Benefits
Location: Home Based/Remote Working with occasional site visits
Our client is one of the UK's fastest growing players within the modular building solutions sector. Established for several decades, they operate manufacturing facilities across the UK. They offer smart, turnkey and bespoke construction packages to many sectors including house building, health, education, research/technology parks, industrial and commercial office space on a sale or hire basis.
As a result of continued growth, they now seek two Estimators to join their Commercial and Pre-Construction Estimating team. Ideally, they are seeking one person with experience of estimating gained within the residential and social house building sector and one with experience of other construction sectors. This experience may have been gained within a house builder or a construction contractor or engineering/surveying practice. Experience of modular or portable buildings would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite. Most important will be your excellent Estimating skills and understanding of construction processes in house building or other sectors.
- You will be responsible for analytical cost estimates and tenders, from receipt of enquiry to tender submission on a variety of large-scale build projects ranging up to GBP30m, working on forms of contract NEC and JCT.
- You will analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare comprehensive build cost estimates using estimating software.
- Work closely with Architects, M & E Contractors, structural engineers and main contractors.
- These are home based roles however site visits to ascertain local conditions will be required. Therefore, ideally you will live close to major road networks and airports.
- You will be expected to maintain relationships with existing clients keeping a sales-minded attitude by working effectively with clients on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process.
- Prepare and submit detailed, accurate, professionally presented, competitive and timely quotations to commercial managers for presentation to potential customers.
- Liaise with Purchasing to develop scopes and obtain prices from subcontractors for specialist services such as M&E, groundworks, secondary structures etc.
- In conjunction with relevant team members ensure that prices obtained from external suppliers or sub-contractors are an accurate and competitive reflection of the works required
- Co-ordinate all costs and compile the quotation document and package of information to be submitted to the customer
- Liaise with Commercial Managers to ensure that, prior to submission, quotations reflect agreements made with our customers
- Ensure the timely completion and submission of quotations.
- Produce estimating statistics and reports as directed by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree educated in construction management, structural engineering, quantity surveying, or similar construction or engineering related subject
- At least three years Estimating experience as a minimum
- Experience of Auto CAD, BIM level 2 Software.
- Experience of virtual and augmented reality technology would be highly relevant.
- Proven track record of tendering and winning build projects and a strong understanding of construction processes partnered with excellent product knowledge although training will be provided.
- Proven experience of delivering all aspects of your role efficiently, and to a consistently high standard with excellent attention to detail.
- A confident and outgoing personality will also be beneficial for dealing directly with clients, colleagues, suppliers and subcontractors to determine the financial needs of completing a project.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to keep focused and work remotely whilst also making use of the latest technology to keep in regular and constant contact with your colleagues and line manager located at head office.
- Located close to major road networks and airport. Full UK driving licence essential.
In return our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package plus the latest technology and equipment to set you up to work remotely from home.