Financial Services Manager And Deputy 151 Officer
I am working with Rugby Borough Council who are looking for an expereinced Interim Financial Services Manager and Deputy 151 Officer.
The role is full time, to start ASAP and paying £500 PAYE or £615 Umbrella per day. The role is in scope of IR35.
Purpose of the role:
- To manage and lead the Council's Financial Services function, including managing the operation of all activities of the Financial Services and leading all members of financial staff in their work and development.
- To act as Deputy Section 151 Officer under the Local Government Act 1972
- To assist and report to the Head of Corporate Resources as Chief Financial Officer (Section 151 Officer) in the operation and development of all financial activities of the Council
- To provide financial advice and information to all Councillors and officers within the Council
- To contribute towards the democratic and corporate activities of the Council.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Manage the Financial Service's contribution to the Council's annual budgetary and financial cycles in collating information and reporting to Cabinet and Council.
- Significant responsibilities for Council's overall financial activities as Financial Services Manager and Deputy Section 151 Officer
- Budgetary responsibility for the service's administration, to authorise purchase orders and certify invoices within limits set by the Head of Resources
- To represent Financial Services at presentations, induction seminars and any other meetings where financial advice, assistance or guidance is required
- Coordinate capital, revenue and financing information for the budget process to assist the financial management of the Council
- To report to the Head of Corporate Resources in the operation of financial management and control within the Council including maintaining the Council's Financial Instructions in conjunction with Corporate Assurance & Improvement Team.
- Responsibility to authorise payment of unlimited amount including the Council's investment and borrowing transactions and counter sign large value cheques (over £50,000)
- Responsible for ensuring all systems used within the Financial Services Team including the Financial Management System and asset management system are fit for purpose and being maximised to their potential in line with the requirements of the services provided by the council.
- Must be a fully qualified member of one of the five accountancy institutes in CCAB or CIMA, preferably CIPFA
- Must have wide knowledge and at least five years experience in a professional finance environment preferably within the public sector
- Must have experience in supervising staff
- Understands the local government approach to financial management and planning and how this should be developed to provide value for money services
- Competent in the use of a financial management system to produce budget reporting, annual accounts and financial statements in accordance with the CIPFA Accounting Code of Practice
- Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and other PC based software
Please only apply for this post if you have all the skills, knowledge and experience as mentioned above.
As the role is to start in January 2019 please only apply if you are available on no more than a week's notice or indeed immediately available.
Thank youYour expert recruitment consultant is Charlotte Townend, call today on or email Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.