**Full time, permanent position*
**Night shift: Sunday to Thursday 9.30pm-5:45am, 38.75 hours per week**
**Position will have On Call**
My client is a well-known manufacturing company based in the Kidderminster area and due to the increase of production they are looking to bring on another Maintenance Technician to join the maintenance team being responsible for Electrical and Mechanical maintenance (with a focus on Robotics, PLC's, Electrical Control systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
The ideal candidate
- The candidate would come from a Manufacturing background with knowledge of hydraulic press machinery
- ABB experience is essential for this position (must have experience with Siemens)
- Automotive, BIW experience is desirable
Principal Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities include:
- First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency break-down on plant, equipment and buildings diagnosing problems as quickly as possible.
- Effectively manage break-down and/or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action
- Liaise with cell leaders, production and operations managers to inform them of progress of break-downs.
- When situation demands source and collect from suppliers, replacement parts for emergency breakdowns/equipment failures.
- Assist Works Engineer in carrying out modifications, improvement activities and other tasks to reduce machine down-time and improve safety at work.
- In the absence of the Chief Engineer, Supervise Contractors on site and issue/close Permits to Work.
- Carry out checks on machinery/plant/equipment in accordance with planned maintenance each month.
- Undertake projects requested by the Chief Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
- Accurate and timely completion of documentation to comply with all necessary Quality Standards and production requirements.
- Work as part of any team and actively take part in team activities including Continuous Improvement Programmes.
- Pension Scheme- A competitive contributory pension scheme is available for all employees
- Life Cover Scheme- The scheme provides financial benefits to employees and their families in the event of death in service.
- Work-Life Balance- We offer a generous 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, plus a number of family-friendly policies to support work-life balance.
- Health and Wellbeing- Occupational health screening, health and safety initiatives, an independent confidential counselling service, occupational sick pay and discounted gym memberships are all available to all employees to encourage the health and well-being of our employees.
- Other- Financial assistance and study leave for professional exams, share option scheme, free parking on all sites, reward and recognition programmes and access to Salary Extras offering discounts and offers on cinema tickets, gift cards and much more.