An excellent opoportunity for a Manufacturing Production Engineer to join an exciting organisation with an annual turnover of GBP100M.
Knowledge and skills in the following would be preferential
- Manufacturing /process engineering
- Manufacturing process control
- Lean manufacturing methodology and implementation
- Engineering drawing interpretation
- CAD and IT skills
- Equipment and tooling design (electrical mechanical and control awareness)
- Health, Safety and Environment experience (ideally involving hazardous materials)
- CNC machining, moulding, bonding and assembly
- Financial awareness and capability
- Presentation and communication skills across all levels of business
Experience in all these disciplines would be ideal but not essential as full training will be given.
Core skills and responsibilities
- Manufacturing engineering - methodologies, planning, cell development and quantitative analysis.
- Lean manufacturing - waste reduction, process analysis, flow, balancing and optimisation.
- Revenue and capex justification and submission
- Experience of equipment and plant installation
- Machining - CNC milling and turning, programming desirable but not essential, engineering tolerance, machine set-up and tooling development.
- Health, Safety and Environment, e.g. PUWER, COSHH, REACH
- General - Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience of simulation would be beneficial
- HNC, HND or Mechanical Engineering degree (or equivalent).
Candidates will need a structured approach to improvement opportunities and be able to prioritise workload to meet customer and stakeholder deadlines.
If possible, based on their own experience, candidates should demonstrate core skill capabilities and practical examples of improvements and be able to demonstrate problem solving techniques using lean tool sets.
Above all, the successful candidates must be proactive and capable of working within a team. They should also have a positive attitude, and be looking for development within the role and a long term career.