Functional Safety Engineer
Systems Engineer - Functional Safety
This is an interesting opportunity for a senior engineer to join a research team of a well-known and successful engineering organisation. The team is central to the company's products and systems in terms of new technology developments and concepts. Hence you will have the opportunity to help steer and guide future products through functional safety engineering.
You will be working within a technologically diverse environment and dynamic team interfacing with business units across the globe and will aid in the delivery of new machines / vehicles and product development programmes.
Typically, a background in functional engineering and experience in meeting safety standards (e.g. ISO13489, IEC61508, ISO26262, maybe ISO13485 etc.) would be required. However, the company will consider embedded software, systems or electronics engineers that have worked on safety critical systems, or perhaps reliability, RAMS, or ILS engineers that wish to develop their safety case knowledge.
Your role: Systems Engineer - Functional Safety
Review and assessment of functional safety deliverables, electronics, software and electrical system architectures, performing analysis (e.g. hazard analysis, risk assessment, DFMEA, FMECA and FTA), deriving functional safety requirements, function concepts and safety cases.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (e.g. electronics engineering, software / computer science, automotive engineering)
- Understanding and experience of project delivery within a systems engineering v-model lifecycle
- Knowledge and application of relevant functional safety standards (e.g. ISO13849, IEC61508, ISO26262, maybe ISO13485)
- Practical use of relevant analysis tools (e.g. hazard analysis, risk assessment, DFMEA, FTA, FMECA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with an analytical mind, good problem-solving skills and flexible attitude
- A background in embedded software, electronics design, reliability engineering, systems engineering, or of course functional safety engineering ideally gained within automotive, aerospace, rail, defence or other similar arenas.
Additional beneficial knowledge:
Vehicle communication networks / CAN, off highway construction machinery, real-time embedded software, embedded C, electrical engineering, complex electronics control / CPU knowledge, hydraulics, hybrid powertrain systems.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84491189