Financial Services Manager
Our client is recruiting for a Financial Services Manager to join their team in January until July, with possible extension.
- To manage and lead the Council's Financial Services function, including managing the operation of all activities of the Financial Services and leading all members of financial staff in their work and development
- To act as Deputy Section 151 Officer under the Local Government Act 1972
- To provide financial advice and information to all Councillors and officers within the Council.
The successful Financial Services Manager will champion excellent management of financial resources, promoting efficiency, high performance, probity, and excellent value for money services.
The candidate will play a crucial role in the delivery of service transformation, driving efficiency and productivity improvements and also the optimisation of income opportunities, to contribute towards the achievement of financial self-sufficiency.
- Manage the Financial Services' contribution to the Council's annual budgetary and financial cycles in collating information and reporting to Cabinet and Council
- Coordinate capital, revenue and financing information for the budget process to assist the financial management.
- Fully Qualified member of one of the five accountancy institutions in CCAB or CIMA, preferably CIPFA
- Must have experience of Council Year End Processes
- Competent in the use of financial management systems to produce budget reporting, annual accounts and financial systems
- Understanding of the local government approach to financial management and planning and how this should be developed to provide value for money services
- Wide knowledge and experience in a professional financial environment, preferably within the public sector
- Understands the priorities of the Council and the political structure and environment within Local Government.
Working Monday-Friday, 9:00-17:00.
£500 per day PAYE, inside IR35.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84481842