Maintenance Technician - I
Are you an innovative thinker who likes solving problems?
Our team in Tittesworth, Leek are looking for their newest Maintenance Technician. As a Maintenance Technician you will maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability.
As part of this role you will expected to carry out operational duties - Maintain, repair and calibrate all types of instrumentation including pressure / temperature transducers, probes, water quality monitors and multiple types of flow and depth technology.
You’ll also support the company’s drive to continually improve safety standards as you’ll be responsible for ensuring all activities are performed in a safe and diligent manner as well as regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following activities that are carried out.
You will be undertaking fault diagnostics and resolving issues in a timely manner. If your a positive, team player, who’s comfortable using their own initiative as well as come up with a variety of solutions to problems you’re faced with then this could be the right role for you.
The successful candidate will participate in a stand-by rota. (Requirement to wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
As a Maintenance Technician your key skills and competencies will include:
• Significant experience installing and maintaining instrumentation and electrical equipment.
• Significant experience of PLC control, ladder logic data paths and Scada type systems.
• Experience working with process control style instrumentation and control technology.
• Experience working with various IT systems.
• Working knowledge of basic electrical installation requirements and standards.
• Working knowledge of the Water Treatment Processes. (Desirable)
• Significant experience working with industrial equipment (motors, starters etc.)
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
• Full Valid UK Driving Licence
• BTEC, HNC, City Guilds or equivalent qualification in related subject area
• 17th Edition
• Time Served Apprenticeship Electrical / Instrumentation.
• H&S Qualification
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent in related subject area
Severn Trent benefits include:
• Salary of up to £30,000
• 2 for 1 Pension contribution
• 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
• Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
The role will be based in Tittesworth Leek
Who are we?
Hello. We’re Severn Trent and we think water is amazing. It’s why we put all our energy into helping over 8 million people - from the Bristol Channel to the Humber, mid-Wales to East Midlands - enjoy the wonders of water every day. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do.
Our vison is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership and through all of this making sure the wonder of water is readily available to everyone; today and for future generations.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.