Finance Administrator - Construction (6 month temporary contract)
Ground Control is the UK’s fastest growing external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We were established in 1973 as a Grounds Maintenance company, becoming incorporated as a limited company in 1984.
We offer a truly national service that includes grounds maintenance, winter maintenance, tree works and vegetation management, soft and hard landscaping, ecology, design & build, pest control and fencing. Ground Control is the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s, Arqiva and the Tower of London to name a few.
As a multi-award winning company, Ground Control now holds 25 BALI National Landscape Awards for a range of Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance projects, a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation, and a total of 7 RoSPA Gold Awards for Occupational Health & Safety.
We have a brand new opportunity on a 6 month fixed term contract for a Finance Administrator - Construction. Working closely with the Assistant /Commercial Manager and based from our regional office in Shifnal, this role will provide commercial, operational and credit control support for the Senior Managers and Contract managers in the Central and Northern Construction team.
This all round admin role will have the following responsibilities:
- Setting up contracts on the system and ensuring document control of incoming Subcontract orders, Director sign- off and return to the Client in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update sales forecasts for all contracts on the system.
- Assist Contract Managers with the timely raising and preparation of monthly Applications for payment / invoices for submission to the Client.
- To record and maintain the application log of monthly valuations/invoices/SIR information.
- Chasing of payment certificates from the Client in accordance with the contract due dates.
- Assist Contract Managers with the raising of Sales Invoice Requests to accounts department.
- Assist Commercial Manager with month end reconciliation of contract sales and profit.
- Chasing of overdue retentions from the Client in accordance with the contract due dates.
- Assist Contract Managers with the submission of variation quotations to the Client.
- Assist Commercial Manager with the compiling of justifications to support final accounts.
- Assist Contract Managers with preparing and submitting final accounts for small works.
- Provide close assistance to Senior Managers for general account/contract workings (closing down contracts, reviewing Work in Progress /outstanding committed costs).
- Working closely with Contracts Managers and assist with commercial/operational queries.
- Assist the accounts department where required with the chasing of aged debt.
- Attend site visits and the Warrington office on occasion with the Assistant/Commercial Manager.
- To carry out reasonable administrative duties as and when necessary.
This role is perfect for someone who is currently working within accounts or in a finance or procurement role. Alternatively you could be working in a similar office based construction environment. Whatever your current role you’ll need strong analytical and accountancy based skills with fantastic Excel experience including Pivot tables. You’ll be good with numbers and have a great attention to detail.
This role is initially a 6-8 month temporary contract but does have the possibility to be extended and may evolve into a permanent position.
Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be. Ground Control is owned by its employees and as a result, we share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Our values are the key to or ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
Delivering outstanding customer service
Innovation and embracing change
Valuing each other
Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
Seeking value in everything we do
A desire to win