Nelson Permanent Placements are excited to be working with their client based in the West Midlands who are at the forefront of providing Global Logistics services.
Due to extensive, continuous growth, they are now looking for an Account Manager with 2 years minimum experience within a logistics role/ environment.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain ownership of existing identified house accounts, to improve the level of customer service, while increasing business opportunities.
Competitive salary package and commission structure £18,000 - £25,000
Main Responsibilities of the role:
- Strengthen relationships with existing house accounts.
- Penetrate organisational structure for house accounts and develop relationships at all levels beyond main point of contact.
- Understand customers’ business and strategy and our role with the customer.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and follow up.
- Identify opportunities and grow business from existing house accounts.
- Management of Business Reviews - goal is to have a minimum of one per account per year
- Continually seek improvement in procedures and services to create more efficient and cost effective operations.
- Be dedicated to the success of Expeditors and the program using ethical business practices, personal commitment, passion & sacrifice, and an obsession with the fundamental details of running the business!
Attributes and specific requirements of the role:
- +2 years relevant industry experience
- The ability to meet with customers off-site on a regular basis
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work productively both individually and in a team environment
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Comfortable with regular data entry on a laptop computer
- Strong rapport and relationship-building focused
- Empowered to make quick decisions in response to changing conditions
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic and persuasive
- Influences others to action
- Timeliness and accountability for results
How to apply:
Please send your CV to the email address detailed below. Should you wish to discuss other opportunities in your area, you are welcome to contact our friendly recruitment team.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Nelson Permanent Placements Ltd. The services of Nelson Permanent Placements Ltd are that of an Employment Agency. Please be advised that our client can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.