The Insights and Product Marketing Executive will report directly into the Insights and Product Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will have 1-3 years' experience within consumer products and ideally have a minimum of a 2:1 in Business or Marketing Field.
• Operational support to ensure smooth running of projects. They will help identify potential issues and be able to come up with new solutions to improve internal processes.
• Will Assist the Insight and Product Marketing Manager in creating and presenting insight and consumer strategies at various meetings, including a bi-annual EMEA Product Summit review meeting.
• Proficiency with internal tools to complete project related tasks quickly and efficiently
• To help identify gaps in new/existing products and tools and to assist with the specification and testing of requested features.
• Undertake ad hoc and administrative tasks where needed.
• Able to support the build of key insights and strategies.
• Working closely with the Product Management team.
• Working with partners such as Intertek to facilitate this work.
• Assist with writing up reports and making clear recommendations.
• Will assist at both a concept and an early development stage to ensure that both the products proposition, design, form and function meet the agreed strategy which will involve hands on usability testing.
• Assisting in the comprehensive analysis and understanding the market, our consumers, our end consumers and our competitors.
• Comprehensive understanding of the market, our customers, our end consumers and competitors. Achieving this through various tools such as GFK data, competitor intelligence, store visits, research and insights.
• Will assist with Market benchmarking and competitor analysis, whilst being accountable for critical pricing insights for both current and new product launches.
• To assist in guaranteeing that all key aspects of Core New Product Development projects will be concept tested and validated. From core need state assessments through to claims validation.
• New concepts and prototypes will be carefully evaluated with these consumers.
• Will support the Insights and Product Marketing Manager with the recruit and managing of a panel of 50-100 consumers within a 20-30-mile radius of Droitwich.
• Assist with monthly meetings which will take place to ensure that core consumer needs and insights are understood and mapped out. • New concepts and prototypes will be carefully evaluated with these consumers.
• Assist in the recruitment of consumers & all necessary NDA, disclaimers etc are met and adhered to.
• To work with the Insights and Product Marketing Manager to ensure that all key aspects of Core New Product Development projects will be concept tested and validated.
• Will assist with creating, managing and delivering key retailer launch events such as Dragons Den.
Skills / Experience
• A 2:1 or higher degree in a business or marketing related subject
• 1-3 years' post-grad experience in an Insights or Marketing role
• Great attention to detail • Excellent time management and communication to internal stakeholders
• Keen interest in market research and insights • Strong organisation skills with the ability to work to tight timescales
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Ambitious and looking to develop insight skills and progress
• Basic understanding of MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• A confident communicator and presenter
• Passion for Brands, Marketing, Products and Consumer Insight
• Strategic thinker • Driven, Self-Starter with a 'can do' attitude
• Able to travel from time to time - UK and abroad
• Ideally hold a driver's license
• A competitive salary
• 15% annual bonus (non-contractual)
• 25 days holiday • Private healthcare
• Company pension
• Life assurance
• Income protection
• A comprehensive flexible benefit scheme
Overview of Vax
The Vax, Dirt Devil and Oreck brands fall under the floorcare division of TTI.
Vax is the number one, bestselling floor care brand in the UK. With a rich heritage and growing global position, it is a market leader in floor care innovation.
With turnover more than $5 billion, TTI is a world-class leader in design, manufacturing and marketing of Power Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment, and Floor Care and Appliances for consumers, professional and industrial users in the home improvement, repair and construction industries. Our unrelenting strategic focus on Powerful Brands, Innovative Products, Operational Excellence and Exceptional People drives our culture.
Vax has forged its reputation as a brand that focuses on the needs of its customers, with premium products that include the lightest and the most powerful multi-cyclonic vacuum cleaners in the world. The company manages a portfolio of other brands, extending its influence over a wide consumer value proposition and into the public and private business sectors.