Studio/Pre Press Manager - Tamworth, Staffordshire
This full-service, award-winning commercial printer are seeking an experienced Studio/Pre-Press Manager to join the team in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Studio/Pre-Press Manager to join our fast moving Production Team, working together on artwork and pre-press services in accordance with Company requirements.
As Studio/Pre-Press Manager you will be performing accurate file management, digital artwork preparation and generation/manipulation, efficient organisation of the existing AGFA Apogee workflows and effective liaison with all managers. Strong Adobe CS experience with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal are fundamental to this role to ensure effective delivery at all levels.
In return, we offer a salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
The Role and Responsibilities:
The Studio/Pre-Press Manager will be accountable for the following responsibilities;
Produce schedules and understand resources required to complete jobs Make improvements (where necessary) to the efficiency of the process Setting up department KPI's
Be the main point of contact, effectively liaising between departments Manage a team of 4 and review performance
To be considered for this vacancy the following skills will be beneficial:
• Good understanding of digital file formats (pdf, tiff, eps) from different operating systems (Mac and PC)
• Strong colour management skills and the ability to work with different digital formats
• Previous experience of working in Pre-Press
• Considerable experience in the graphics industry, however we could consider small print, POS or similar.
• Excellent understanding of Illustrator, Photoshop & Pit Stop/Acrobat
• Knowledge of laydowns for commercial print in both Litho and Digital environment
• Maintain and modify existing workflows in use to ensure new products are supported with minimal impact to production.
• Interface with suppliers and other Prepress and/or Technology leaders to ensure all systems are receiving updates as required
• Recommend and participate in continuous improvement projects as appropriate and continually lead efforts to increase workflow efficiencies.
• Leadership on new product discovery, assessment, and implementation.
• Handling and managing new assignments readily
• Monitor and maintain the CTP Pre-Press system in accordance with ISO
• Ability to read and analyse production and productivity documents
• Have a team-based approach to process improvement and problem-solving
• Ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment
• Confident and positive attitude
If you're looking for that next step in your career this is a fantastic opportunity to join a full-service, award-winning commercial printer and one that will offer long term career progression.
Studio/Pre Press Manager