An experienced Quantity Surveyor is wanted in Birmingham or Hereford region by a prestigious, market leading HVAC Manufacturer for a brand new internal QS position within the business which will see you working mainly from either a chosed Birmingham or Hereford office and then also going out to site on occasions too. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for developing and managing existing projects, along with taking charge of future projects, all whilst helping implement effective procedures and putting their own stamp on the new-to-the-business role. This position will be ideal for someone who is able to demonstrate confidence, commercial awareness and adaptability, along with demonstrable experience in contractual variations/claims and adhering to contractual obligations. This will be a role that will develop with the right attention and care and will see the successful candidate use their commercial acumen/awareness to take on potential opportunities where possible.
- Responsible for reviewing tender and contract documents
- Undertake cost analysis for project work
- Assist in establishing a clients requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Advice on procurement strategy and where possible, utilise previous experience to help implement/amend strategies
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
Experience & Skills Required
the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Close attention to detail
- HVAC / M&E / Air Con background is an advantage
- Ability to build strong rapport
- Excellent communication skills along with a clear and confident telephone manner
- Experience in managing contractual variations and trying to maximise profitable revenue from alterations/variations
- Experience in minimising costs through variations
- Experience in dealing with final account negotiations
What's on Offer
The business is a market leader across Europe, delivering excellence throughout their product line and after care services, offering turn key solutions to a number of clients. As a business, they ensure that the level of quality and care extended to their clients is also seen within, so you can expect to join a friendly, professional, driven company that will give you the platform to take the next step in your career. A competitive salary with an extensive list of excellent benefits is on offer along with a number of additional incentives throughout quarters/years.
f you are ready for a new challenge and believe you have what it takes to work for a leading company, then please apply now or call Cliff in the office to discuss in further detail in the strictest of confidence.
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.