6 months initial
Reporting to a Portfolio Contract Manager, the Contracts Officer supports the Contract Managers in developing, defining and reinforcing value enhancing contractual partnering arrangements. In particular the contracts officer analyses the contracts to provide the contract managers with key negotiating levers. Supporting on negotiations to maximize the commercial advantage and ensuring suppliers perform to the contractual agreements and ensuring contract delivery for key stakeholders including contracts that are critical to Operations.
For contracts of annual spend of circa GBP200k the contract officer will own and lead negotiations and drive the appropriate value for the business
- Provide the commercial support on supplier contracts, providing commercial analysis across a range of contracts as required to maximise the efficiency and value of contracts.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to support in the execution of all contracts through conception to completion. Assessing contract risks and executing mitigation plans ensuring opportunities to drive value are leveraged and that risks are identified and mitigated.
- Perform cost analysis reviews, identifying and monitoring cost saving opportunities across both the direct and indirect cost base driving internal and external cost reductions.
- Manage the policies and processes for compliance and audit; ensuring delivery by suppliers and internal stakeholders of the policies and procedures
- Delivery of the Supplier/Contractor Performance and Monitoring process, to enable the contracts managers to report on contract performance to the key suppliers
- Provide guidance and support to the associate contract managers
- Contract management knowledge, including high level understanding of key commercial, regulatory and economic drivers for driving greater value from contractual arrangements
- Knowledge and experience with OJEU and OPEX contracts.
- Ability to analyse KPIs and contract data, to manage contract performance and support commercial decision making and summarise key messages for a senior audience
- Knowledge and use of cost modelling tools, techniques and principles.
- Developing assurance processes in a commercial environment, ensuring that risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Experience in evaluating supplier capabilities to meet the UK business requirements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable communicating to stakeholders of the business.
- Supporting discussions/negotiations, producing agendas, and supporting the contracts managers in delivering messages to parties inside and outside of the business.