Groupage / Import export Operator
Groupage Operator/Import Export Operator
Stoke on Trent
An experienced Import/Export Groupage Operator with the ability to organise the safe, efficient and cost effective transportation of goods, working within a strict deadline. Having the ability to consolidate cargo in the UK, with a good understanding on how to maximise their trailer payloads.
- Act as go between Operations to deal with problematic jobs, ensuring client is happy with quick and efficient responses. Ensuring, we are resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently
- Develop key service relationships with customers for an effective and efficient service
- Develop effective relationships with overseas agents and suppliers
- Ensure the delivery and or collection of goods across Europe
- Book appropriate transport to meet requirements of goods to be transported
- Book export/import shipments efficiently into the Azyra System
- Ensuring all Transport costs are calculated in line with internal tariffs.
- Comply with EU and UK regulations and requirements regarding export / import documentation
- Ensure that geographic knowledge is updated frequently to enable efficient and effective use of transport
- Learn and operate our in house ''Azyra'' system
- Maintaining accurate administrative records
- Ensuring site and customer objectives are achieved
- Full understanding of our ISO/AEO systems
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in the following:
- Ability to consolidate cargo in the UK, with a good understanding on how to maximise their trailer payloads.
- Ability to demonstrate their skills to load/plan/route trailers for cost effective groupage trailer planning.
- Must be able to plan loads and have had experience with using weights/cubes.
- The candidate must be commercially aware and liaise closely with the sales department, be able to negotiate favourable rates and win business for their trade route.
- Good communication skills and high level of customer service.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good organisation and ability to work to deadline is essential