Tonic are currently searching for a candidate capable of taking the lead over a wine and drinks offering within a Fine Dining restaurant north of Birmingham. This restaurant serves seasonal fine dining food in a relaxed, modern environment. The service is professional but the team here are encouraged to be relaxed and have fun in their roles, to get to know their guests and to enjoy their work. This role offers excellent work / life balance.
Ideal candidates for this role will be accredited with WSET level 1 or higher and have an interest in wine and other beverages. In this role candidates will be able to develop the existing drinks offering including working on menu pairings, developing supplier relationships and creating mixed drinks and cocktail offerings. Candidates may have held past titles including Sommelier, Commis Sommelier, Bar Manager, Chef De Rang, Waiter/Waitress etc...
Tonic are interested in applications from candidates who;
- Consider themselves to have a passion for food and drinks which gives them drive to deliver excellent service and to continuously learn about their field
- Have studied wine and have an understanding of key styles, appellations and qualities, ideally holding qualifications which demonstrate their knowledge
- Have experience working in a restaurant environment, understand and can deliver quality service
- Can show stable career histories in which any short stays can be explained due to valid reasons
As part of this business' amazing team you can expect;
- A competitive salary plus tips
- A pension
- Staff uniform
- 2 x staff meals every day
- Free car parking (short walk from the train)
- Training and development
- EXCELLENT WORK LIFE BALANCE - the restaurant is closed Sunday night, Monday & Tuesday (all day) and Wednesday Lunch
- 5 weeks holiday per. year, closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years day
The successful candidate for this position will start in January or later, the role is open now and exact start date is very flexible.