A leading manufacturer in their field is looking for an experienced Buyer to join their growing and progressive business. This role would be ideal for a Buyer who has previous experience purchasing in a manufacturing environment and is ready for a new challenge.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Purchasing function in securing suppliers of materials and components, to ensure quality and price targets are met.
Commutable from (Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Kidderminster, Sandwell, West Bromwich)
Permanent, Full time
Salary up to £32,000
- Liaise with key stakeholders to make sure planning is on track
- Management of stock levels to ensure materials and components are available
- Forecasting business activities
- Planning and buying raw materials, parts, supplies and equipment
- Supplier approval and management
- Liaison with manufacturing facilities overseas and travel to site as needed
- Liaise with accounts team to ensure timely payment of invoices
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Previous experience working as a Buyer is essential
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Be able to travel outside of the UK without any restrictions
- CIPS qualification would be desirable
If this position is of interest then please apply with your most up to date CV in Microsoft Word.Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.