Support Team Assistant
Part time (27.5 Hours) Working 5 out of 7
Shifts wil be between 08:00am - 19:30pm
Salary: GBP17,460.00 Pro-Rata
We are currently recruiting a Support Team Assistant who will be responsible for providing a high quality cleaning, catering and general support service to the ward based team ensuring a pleasant homely environment for the patients.
- Clean and maintain the work area in line with work schedules and in an efficient manner, ensuring a safe environment for all.
- Follow 'best practice' procedures associated with cleaning and control of infection.
Ensure all cleaning equipment is used correctly and then cleaned, and stored away after use. Also, to check the equipment before use for any faults.
Set tables, and correctly serve patients with three main meals per day, in addition to any drinks / snacks required.
Take the temperature of meals before serving
Ensure accurate records are kept of all food temperatures and amounts of daily food wastage.
Clear and load the dishwasher with all patients' crockery and cutlery, ensuring there is always enough items for each meal time
- Liaise with the nurses and catering staff regarding numbers of patients and any special food requirements, to ensure patients are provided with the correct meals
- Help and support patients in choosing their food and drinks where necessary
Skills & Experience:
- Good reading and writing ability
- Experience in a customer focus environment
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to communicate clearly with others
- Use own initiative
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on (select option 1) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.