Freight Account Manager
Freight Account Manager required to work for a leading provider of freight forwarding services. Due to the on-going success and growth of the company a fresh opportunity has arisen for a freight forwarder to join the team. The perfect candidate will have worked in a freight forwarding role for at least 5 years or more, and worked for both a large organisation and a small forwarder. You ideally have progressed either some sort of sales capacity of management related role.
In this role you will manage your own day entirely without anyone looking over your shoulder or expecting ongoing reports. So it is necessary you will be able to cost, quote and operate your cargo with whichever suppliers you desire (providing these are reputable).
This position would suit someone who has the desire to achieve and using your own entrepreneurial skills to thereby generate profits for the company will then in-turn out to be very financially rewarding.
Freight Account Manager Position Overview
- Management of the retention accounts and personal account portfolio
- Identify & exhaust all opportunities for account development
- Analysis of customer related management data and appropriate follow up action.
- Retention and development of existing customer base through personal customer service and management
- Ensure smooth transition of accounts from sales ownership to retention
- Responsible for maintaining existing gross profit on personal accounts
- Follow up and resolving all recorded responses within time frames required
- Provide & support with customer monthly KPI reports and statistical data
- Resolve customer service issues, concerns and complaints satisfactorily in line with QA procedures and challenge process
- Customer updates - research and provide relevant information, industry updates etc
- Maintain sales data and visit schedule for your client base
Freight Account Manager Position Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a freight forwarding role
- Knowledge of Ocean, Air and European Road Freight
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- General Sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent Team developer
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Freight Account Manager Position Remuneration
- Basic Salary GBP25,000 - GBP40,000 Bonus Scheme - opportunities to earn GBP45K+
- Company car allowance + Company IPhone
- 08:30am - 17:15pm - Monday - Friday
- 28 including 8 bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.