Technical Sales Executive
Technical Sales Executive £30,000 to £35,000
Plus uncapped bonus + car allowance
This new and exciting role is working for a growing business dealing with technical / scientific industries. It is unlikely that you will have worked in this industry so a willingness to learn and become an expert in your field is a must!
As Technical Sales Executive you will have commercial sales experience with an interest in all things technical and science. You will have the drive to seek out new business as well as maintain and develop our existing customer accounts. Based primarily at our office you will be expected to spend a minimum of five days a month visiting our UK customers and there will be opportunities in the future for overseas travel.
Candidates must have a minimum two years proven track record in technical sales, ideally with degree level educated. This role may suit a recent graduate with the desire to use their knowledge within a sales environment.
- Present the Company to potential clients through direct communication, face to face meetings, trade and pop-up exhibitions, telephone and emails.
- Work with our marketing department to identify applicable industry data and contact details from social media, published research and other web-based sources to generate new business.
- Meet agreed sales growth and gross profit targets.
- Provide a quick and efficient response to customer enquiries.
- Follow up on sales leads to ensure a high conversion rate in line with the company's KPI's.
- Maintain and develop current relationships with existing customers and suppliers.
- Provide after-sales support.
- Feedback on supplier activities and suggest new innovations for the Company product portfolio.
- Work closely with all members of the Sales and Marketing team to ensure a cross flow of information.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attended customer sites and exhibitions.
- Highly motivated, target-driven with a pro-active approach to workload
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to build relationships quickly and effectively to develop new contacts and support the existing customer base.
- Knowledge and experience of using web-based marketing tools, Microsoft Office and CRM databases.
- Full UK Driving licence and access to own vehicle - essential user allowance is payable.
Key Additional Benefits
- Essential Car User Allowance
- 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays plus additional Christmas Shutdown
- Phone, tablet and laptop
- A well-established customer base with a high level of repeat business.
- Uncapped bonus scheme for sales above OTE. Bonus and OTE paid based on gross margins achieved.