Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer for our client, a leading specialist manufacturer based within the Tamworth area.
You muct have experience of using Autodesk Inventor design software to be considered for this role, along with manufacturing processes and pneumatics.
- When a redesign or quality issue arises from the Production department ability to create a suitable solution.
- Specifying and Resourcing of parts and suppliers for mechanical and pneumatic aspects of the machinery being built when shortages or quality issues arise.
- Working with the companies Non Conformance system and updating when necessary.
- Ensuring compliance met with all relevant machinery and safety legislation in regard to design of machinery.
- Working with Electrical and Control Engineers designing future portfolio of machinery which will include Walk in Testing Rooms, Climatic Test chambers and Colourfast equipment.
- With assistance of draughtsperson create RnD prototype drawings and drawings suitable for Production.
- Creation of Prototypes using Supplier and Production resource.
- Resourcing and specification of suitable materials and suppliers.
- Continued improvements of current range of test equipment.
- As part of a design team creating Product specifications and managing the Product design life cycle.
- 3D modelling using Inventor
- Understanding of mechanical engineering, Sheet metal, manufacturing processes and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of thermal shock of materials would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of temperature probes and refrigeration / heating would be useful.
- Knowledge of plastics would be an advantage.
- Proven Design track record.
Salary - Up to £45K
Hours - 40 hours a week over Monday to Friday