Electronics Engineer / Electronics Systems Engineer
Job Description For Vacancy No: 242189T
Consultant: _Tim Bees
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Electronics Engineer / Electronics Systems Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Degree/HND in electronic engineering, computer science or a similar subject.
- An understanding of control system logic and an appreciation of functional safety.
- Proficient in J1939 CAN protocol to aid message optimisation and system diagnostics.
- Familiarity with off highway electronic control systems and machine electrical/electronic systems.
- Experience diagnosing and rectifying faults with electrical circuits and control systems on/off vehicles.
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, coupled with a sense of urgency.
- Experience of developing control system algorithms using model based design tools.
- Experience working with ISO 15998, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 safety standards.
- Have a basic understanding of other machine functions such as powertrain and hydraulics to aid the development of new E&E systems.
Depending on your level and experience, your main duties would include:
- Generation, validation and introduction of new design concepts to production.
- Generation of machine schematics to relevant standards.
- Design/development of vehicle control systems including, ECU's, comms networks, displays, etc.
- Analysis/calculations of performance levels for safety related parts of control systems (SRP/CS).
- Ensuring components/software meet internal/external standards/requirements as necessary.
- Authoring of software requirement specifications, test specifications, test reports, user manuals, etc.
- Liaising with internal/external customers/departments, as required.
Basic Hours: 39hrs / week 08:30 to 17:00 (16:00 on Fridays)
Fringe Benefits: Pension Scheme, Health Scheme.