Metallurgist - Walsall - £28,000-£32,000
Metallurgist required to join a specialist fastener manufacturer in the Walsall area. The successful Metallurgist will ideally hold a Degree or equivalent qualification in Metallurgy or Materials Science and will have experience working within a manufacturing organisation.
This role is a progressive opportunity and would suit someone looking to develop a career in Metallurgy.
- Carrying out technical audits at heat treatment plant and test houses.
- Contract reviews for all new jobs.
- Generate material test reports.
- Liaise with and give technical support to all parties.
- To provide metallurgical support to product and process improvement.
- Report non conforming products and processes to management.
- Degree in Metallurgy / Materials Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of production processes and materials
- Experience using calibration of metallurgical equipment
- Evaluation of metallographic samples & chemical analysis techniques.
Salary - £28,000-£32,000 (DOE)
Working Hours - 08:00-17:00 (Monday-Thursday) & 08:00-16:30 (Friday)
23 days holiday + bank holidays (in place 2019)
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.