Are you looking for an opportunity to step up and become a Registered Manager?
My client is looking for someone who can ensure that the Home meets the standards and expectations of its Statement of Purpose. To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to ensure that the quality of care provided is consistent with National Minimum Standards.
To establish and maintain a competent, motivated and confident staff team and to offer leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to staff at all levels.
To ensure that the Home’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively
Do you feel like this job role is for you? Keep reading below.............
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his/her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, and therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
- Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
- Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care in line with National Minimum Standards and the Home’s Statement of Purpose and developing quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained.
- Developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive.
- Taking responsibility for progressing any complaints or child protection concerns
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
- To develop a confident and competent staff team through:
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making.
- Ensuring that all new staff receive a proper induction to the Home in line with company policy
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a supervision contract and receives supervision in line with National Minimum Standards
- Social Work Qualification (DipSW) or NVQ Level 4-5 Care/Management or Registered Managers Award.
- Good standard of secondary education e.g. A-C passes in Maths & English
- 5 years working with children within the past 10 years plus 2 years at Senior Level in residential care.
- Knowledge of child development, appreciation of the needs of children and young people, and the effects of separation from next of kin.
- Understanding and knowledge of therapeutic environments and practice
- Sound Knowledge of National Minimum Standards and associated legislation e.g. Children’s act, Every Child Matters, etc.
Salary: £30,000 + But negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 16th November 2018
Contact: Amandeep at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.