Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to develop a career in Dental Nursing whilst earning a salary at the same time. As a Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all aspects within the surgery and helping to provide patients with a high level of personal care.
Accordingly we are looking for individuals with a caring, personable, outgoing and empathetic nature.
Job responsibilities will include:
- To assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
- To provide chair side support to dental professionals and deliver a high level of patient care.
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls.
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments.
- At times undertake reception duties including a variety of administrative tasks such as updating patient’s records and charts and scheduling appointments.
- Briefing patients on their dental examinations and treatment
- Liaising with dental laboratories and insurance companies
Individuals will require:
An Interest in Dental and patient well-being along with a desire to learn and develop existing skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- IT Skills essential
- English and Maths Grade C or above or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills are desirable but not essential
- A DBS check will be required
You will be studying on a Level 3 diploma in principles and practices of dental Nursing along with Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2 if not already held.
You will be trained in Basic Life Support including CPR
Training will be provided over the two-year duration of the apprenticeship and will continue from the employer upon completion.
The employer will provide one-to-one support and act as your mentor, allowing you to shadow and assist Dental Nurses/Hygienists/practitioners.
Acacia Training will provide one to one support, monthly visits, observations and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Upon completion of your level 3 qualification you will then register with the GDC and complete your journey to becoming a Dental Practitioner within your chosen field.
You will progress into permanent employment upon completion of your apprenticeship.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84052172