Hair & Beauty Salon Manager
The Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally. The group is currently home to a population of over 4,600 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, gifted individual with exceptional knowledge of Hair & Beauty and current industrial experience of managing a busy clientele. As well as your extensive knowledge and experience, you will also have a desire to share your passion for your craft with colleagues and a range of students studying from level 1 - 4.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the hair & beauty salons and all client-facing aspects
- To support the lecturers and assessors in their duties in the salon including training and assessing individual/groups of learners within the commercial setting.
- To be responsible for the promotion of product sales.
- To generate data that gives an insight into the performance of the commercial salon.
- To undertake assessments of students in relation to the qualification of their programmes.
- To suggest ideas for and organise relevant promotional activities throughout the year. To liaise with external companies for promotional events.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A level 3 hairdressing & level 3 beauty qualification or willingness to gain this.
- A1 or equivalent assessor award or willingness to gain.
- Can demonstrate excellent all round hair & beauty skills.
- Is positive, enthusiastic and able to promote the services available to clients.
- Has a proactive approach and commercial awareness to identify opportunities for promotional activities.
- Has a proven salon based commercial background in the hair & beauty industry with a proven record of the ability to grow and maintain a substantial clientele.
What's in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 Days annual leave, rising to 30 upon 5 years' service
How to apply
To apply for the role of Salon Manager, please go to and click on 'Apply' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 25th November 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.