Head of Procurement
Are you an experienced senior procurement manager with knowledge of management systems with experience of all procurement and supply chain areas?
Have you led procurement change management within a National DC model for an organisation?
If so, then this could be the perfect next step for you.
My client is an entrepreneurial business with a family feel, they believe in quality and care. They have over 60 years' experience within their specialist sector and work across a wide range of markets and operate globally, even in the North Sea and in Jungles in Africa!
The client is independent, innovative, daring and is looking for the next senior professional to join their team. The Senior Procurement Manager will be managing a team of 9+ direct reports, and will be overseeing an annual expenditure of £5-10 million pounds.
The ideal candidate will be confident in implementing supply chain reviews and change to leverage incremental value from a supply chain. They will be able to demonstrate collaborative working to support other business functions i.e. sales team and service delivery team and will have experience of input into the finance team to forecast cash flows and working capital requirements.
Some of the Role Responsibilities:
- Devise lead and drive procurement, supply chain and distribution strategies.
- Identify and implement key objectives with clear measurable targets.
- Responsible for the procurement and distribution of goods and services.
- Identify, monitor and source best supply chain solutions.
- Evaluate current supplier rebate agreements; drive change to ensure incremental values are achieved.
- Establish core KPI's and monitor performance to these metrics
- Network with SMT and management colleagues to understand and maximise the department's performance in line with MCL business goals.
- Lead the search for efficiencies and service optimisation within the supply chain and internal distribution processes.
- Work collaboratively with the finance function to achieve cash-flow targets
- Review, recommend and implement robust stock management process.
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised
- Identify and research potential new suppliers.
- Assist with NPD in line with the company's strategic goals
- CIPS qualification
- Will demonstrate change management and process improvement across procurement, supply chain management logistics and distribution.
If you feel that you would be a great candidate for this opportunity then please apply to be considered.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably, we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within four weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably, we can't always do this on every occasion due to high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within four weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.