Senior Carers (NVQ3)
Supreme Home Care is expanding, with job opportunities in Telford and Newport. We have salaried full and part-time fixed shifts in the daytime, evenings, weekends and nights as well as more flexible full and part time hours.
We are looking for experienced carers with an interest in rapid response work;
- Senior Carers (NVQ3) – shift work
Accountable to: Care Manager
Purpose of the job
To provide senior care expertise and support to Supreme Home Care clients and staff ensuring that the quality of care delivered meets required standards.
- To actively promote and demonstrate Supreme Home Care’s philosophy of care which encourages service users to do as much as possible for themselves
- Provide care to clients as required and in accordance with published rotas or at short notice to cover sickness absence.
- Supervise new Care Assistants, taking them out on their first visits, documenting these supervised visits including medication observations and document their emerging competence and any concerns or necessary remedial training requirements.
- Introduce staff to clients for the first time either in person or using the ‘talk through’ template. Take staff thorough the service user’s Support Plan and ensure the Carer understands what is expected of them.
- Supervise and spot check staff including undertaking evening visits to ensure care is being delivered in accordance with the Support Plan and to the required standard.
- As requested by the Care Manager/Deputy Care Manager, take responsibility for an agreed list of clients, regularly reviewing their Support Plan documentation, making updates and changes as required and communicating any changes to staff. Keep Support Plan paperwork in order and up to date replacing paperwork as necessary and bringing paperwork back to the office for filing.
- Receive reports and document any changes in client’s condition or any events or issues that might compromise client’s health or safety and take appropriate actions as requested by the Care Manager.
- Undertake a proportion of the on call rota. Hold and answer the on call mobile. Take accurate messages and either deal with them or pass them on at the earliest opportunity. Whilst on call, organise or provide staff sickness absence cover as required.
- Attend management and staff meetings and contribute to effective staff communication
- Contribute to effective staff communication and support by taking responsibility for an agreed list of staff, organise and lead Area/Team meetings. Mentor and support allocated staff members as required
- Deputise in the absence of the Care Manager as required
- A variety of Social or Health Care (domiciliary care essential, other experience desirable)
- Sound practitioner able to demonstrate that they can deliver high standards of care
- NVQ 3 or equivalent desirable
- NVQ2 essential
- Basic English and maths qualifications
- Able to give feedback on performance to staff in a way which maintains motivation
- Sound judgement of staff performance
- Basic client risk assessment skills
- Basic health and safety risk assessment
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Company policies and standards and be able to demonstrate that they can identify with them.
- Understanding of staff scheduling and how to re-schedule visits at short notice
- Able to enthuse staff
- Able to coach or mentor staff
- Able to resolve conflict positively
If you want to find out more - we are holding two information sessions at 6 Pearson Rd, Telford TF2 9TX on
5.30-6.30 on Tuesday 6th November
2-4pm on Thursday 8th November
To book a place please call Sue on 01952 216700 or email: SRobson@supreme-homecare.com