Lecturer in Maths
Full & Part-time positions available.
Salary: £23,431 - £33,252 (pro-rata as applicable)
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with another college to form a group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
Our client is looking for a Lecturer of Maths within their GCSE & Functional Skills team.
Their ideal candidate will be an inspiring lecturer who has a proven record of innovation and a pro-active approach to delivery. You will have also demonstrated an understanding and sensitivity towards the needs of your learners and used this to help them reach their true potential.
Based in their cross college English and Mathematics department, they are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player. As well as relevant experience, you will be qualified with a Maths or related degree. You will have achieved a teaching qualification at Level 5 (DTLLS or equivalent).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in raising the standard and awareness of Maths across college
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To be involved in marketing of the College, Faculty and Department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer of Maths, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 9th November 2018
Interviews to be held: 22nd November 2018
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83766858