Assistant Buyer - Apply now!
ASSISTANT BUYER NEEDED!
Gi Group are recruiting on behalf of a major automotive company based in Coventry (Tile Hill area). We are looking for Buyer Assistant on a 9 months contract to provide a comprehensive, flexible and efficient purchasing administration duties to assist the Purchasing Team.
The shift is Monday to Thursday 8.00 - 16.45, Friday 8.00 - 13.00 - Early finish on Friday!
Excellent pay rate - GBP10.12 per hour!
* Analyse and evaluate quotations from potential suppliers
* Meet with suppliers and sales representatives in order to evaluate their services and products to seek out cost reductions, quality improvements, or new products.
* Manage requests for quotations for new and existing production materials, including both the piece part and required tooling cost analysis.
* Build working relationships with internal departments and suppliers and gaining an understanding of suppliers' production processes and internal systems.
* Monitor and control supplier contracts with the company, and coordinate related purchases.
* Prepare and raise purchase orders and long-term purchasing agreements in a manner that ensures all requirements and any special terms and conditions are met.
* Understand the procurement system and maintain all purchasing databases to ensure dependent departments have prompt, accurate information, using generated reports and screens for control and purchasing decisions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Be organised to be able to cope with multiple tasks and priorities in a fast moving automotive environment.
* Possess some knowledge of purchasing principles
* Good English spelling & grammar.
* Microsoft Word & Excel to intermediate level
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to forge positive working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels
* Highly motivated.
* Proactive, with the ability to work on their own initiative.
* Well-organised and able to prioritise tasks in line with competing demands.
* Flexibility to adapt to differing business demands.
* High attention to detail.
You must be flexible with the hours due to business needs.
If you are interested and think you have the right skills then we want to hear from you! Get in contact with us on !