Position: Warehouse Manager
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 29/10/2018
For the role of Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you are working on the Nominated Site with Operational responsibility for the warehouse Operation through 24/7 day operation supported by a team of First Line Managers, whilst reporting directly to the Site manager. Ensuring planning, resource and performance is in line with Customer expectations and internal KPI requirements. Review, recommend and support continuous improvements within the warehouse environment ensuring best practise and strong performance.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Managing operational performance, resource and workload planning on shift to achieve agreed KPI's on productivity, quality and cost
* Personally develop and drive continuous improvement activities and ensure that all change programmes are fully embedded.
* Support, develop and performance manage the First Line Management team to drive a high performance culture
* Managing cost budget for own area and identify cost saving opportunities where appropriate
* Day to Day management of Integrated Site Services (ISS) whom are contracted to look after site maintenance.
* Ensuring that SOP's, SSOW and company policies and processes are being adhered to at all times
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Experience of working within a complex supply chain environment essential
* Finance for Non Finance Managers - essential
* Experience of leading teams in a complex Retail logistics / warehousing environment
* Experience of working within a Retail supply chain environment desirable
* Project management (PM101, Prince2) - desirable
* Initiative Champion / PIA trained (DMAIC) - desirable
* Efficient Warehouse Practices trained - desirable
* First Choice Leader trained - desirable
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKWorking HoursLocationStokeShift RequirementDay time onlyJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionRelocation OfferedNoneCareer LevelTeam Leaders & ManagersTravel RequiredNo Business TravelResponsible forTravel ExtentNoneReports toSite Manager Work Permit RequiredYesTarget Hire Date10/25/2018