We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Excellence Leader to join our Market Drayton dairy within our Yogurts & Desserts business. This person will lead the implementation of a upgrade programme for the production lines, to help extend their life performance and reliability to meet the needs of the business. This person will also deliver cost effective asset care and promote maintenance excellence on site.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Construct and manage a rolling 12 month upgrade programme based on asset condition, performance and business criticality.
* Work with Operations Management to confirm the priority lines.
* Carry out line condition surveys and determine the equipment for attention.
* Specify the overall scope of the work and the specific unit /component upgrade.
* Incorporate the appropriate PPM routines as part of the overall work scope
* Work with the planners to package the work and quantify / define the resources.
* Decide on the mix of Muller resources and contract, OEM or specialist resources.
* Determine Root cause of failure modes and Identify "design out" opportunities to prolong life and improve performance (as opposed to replacing units or components on a like for like basis).
* Deliver this via working with designers and suppliers.
* Package the work into duration windows. Typically of 3-7 days.
* Direct the Materials Coordinator and stores staff to assemble parts and find suppliers.
* Use condition surveys to amend PPM frequencies and content.
* Responsible for progress monitoring and for identifying potential threats to achieving deadlines.
* Accountable and responsible for the work scope and resource allocation.
* Solving problems arising through creative and innovative solutions.
* Direction and re-allocation of resources to maintain progress.
* Personal participation in the execution of the work, and leading by example.
* Accountable and responsible for communication and target setting.
* Cost individual refurbishment projects prior to commencement.
* Track and control costs so that projects are completed within budget.
* Assemble total refurbishment costs on an asset by asset basis.
* Recommend the refurbishment or replacement strategy on a cost effective basis.
* Sponsor and manage Capital expenditure projects.
* Accountable for Risk Assessments and Method Statements being complete.
* Accountable for compliance to RA's and MS's.
* Accountable for ensuring a tidy and safe workplace.
* Ensure equipment is maintained to operate safely.
* Accountable for on time delivery of the set-piece refurbishment work packages.
* Accountable for the performance of the team.
* Delivery pf required standards in relation to Engineering GMP.
* Delivery of world class standards in relation to maintenance control, hygiene and tool box control.
Key skills & experience:
* Possesses knowledge of filling and process technology.
* Demonstrable knowledge of complex fast moving environments (24/7 short life products).
* Capability to develop a high performance and service oriented culture in the team.
* Strong technical bias, numerate and displaying a logical approach.
* Highly developed analytical, planning and organisational skills.
* Leads by example.
* Problem solving and Root Cause analysis skills.
* Proactive thinking to design out repeat issues.
* Achievement and Results orientated.
* Team building and motivational skills.
* Excellent communicator and coordinator.
* Ability to manage budgets and control expenditure.
* Extensive relevant engineering background.
* HND/HNC level or equivalent.
* In depth knowledge of appropriate technology.
* IOSH qualification.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83457396